Wednesday, April 15, 2009

KUDA KEPANG




Its really been awhile since my last blog and finally i update it again.I'm not going to talk bout wat had happen to me and my silence but I'm writing bout something which I'm always fascinated about...


There are several possible origins of Kuda Kepang. It is said to derive from the struggles of “Wali Songo”, a group of nine Islamic preachers in Java. Others said it originated from the movement of horses commanded by Ali, the fourth Muslim Caliph. There are several dance rhythms or patterns: the 'Sola', 'Selendang', 'Pak Tani', 'Pucuk Rebung', 'Perjuangan', and 'Mempertahankan Diri'. The bobbing movement of the performers and their horse puppet is called 'Lenggang Kiprah'.

The kuda kepang trend have long been introduced and performed in SG,during wedding and other ceremony and now the popularity of this dance is so great that u see in on every weekend.

I was fascinated by them since i was young and never got a chance to come so close till now when my younger brother joined a local kudang kepang group called Treo Jadti Limo.Week by week i follow and observed and week by week i wanted to be a part and learn bout this beautiful culture which makes family comes together and watch the troupe perform, i was so enticed with their dance movement and dance and i tell myself..ONE day ,i wanna ride on the house and feel it for myself.

I really respect every single one of them which perform and keep the culture alive, to those who involved in kuda kepang scenes..I have the highest respect for each one of u i hope u keep the dreams of persevering the culture no matter what it takes and how hard it takes.....

No comments: