Monday, August 3, 2009

Take picture Take picture!



On Mon August 3 2009 at about 6pm... I was going to the shop across the road to buy cigarettes and a can of redbull. As i was walking back to my block area i saw a petrol car and one ugly looking BOTAK officer sitting at the passenger sits looking at me, than they circle my area. I know police will usually do their rounds ,its their job right...So while smoking and talking on the phone, i decided to sit right under my block where they have a round table .


I saw the petrol car again, and they knew for sure i was looking at them too. I saw them park the vehicles on the side block and my view was covered by the pillars on the block. I continue talking on the phone and drink my redbull ( i have no reason y i should be afraid of them anyway)


....................suddenly, from the back they came, i continue talking on my phone and they ask for my ID, as usual i abide and next to me was this CORPORAL MD ZAKI and THE PTE BOTAK... I dunno wat his name,so i call him BOTAK. Corporal md zaki,took down my particulars, phone number and ask me where i was from,told him went down to buy drinks and cigarettes.I told him i stay here and he ask me if i can empty my pockets and wallet .I let him search my wallet and emptied my pockets.... they say thnks and left after that.


I tot its just a routine check up


I guess the BOTAK UGLY malay PTE might have talk something to MD ZAKI and they came back a few minutes later.This time CORPORAL MD ZAKI ask me if they can take my picture on his phone........SHOCKED!!


I have been asked a few times by some ppl to have a photo taken with them during the chef show or even outside wen i was walking around, but this was definitely not that kind of picture they wanted to take,....I question them, y they wanna take picture of me,they say its just to consolidate those staying around here.....that's just a kinder words they used,the real meaning is...


U LOOK LIKE A FUCKING CRIMINAL AND IF ANYTHING HAPPENS AROUND MY AREA OR BLK,THEY CAN SHOW MY FACE TO THE VICTIMS!!!!


I did not take it lightly and when i got home, i called up Yishun South Npc and make an inquiry regarding the above matter, they lady who answer my call cant give me a definite answer and says she got to checked with the CORPORAL ZAKI regarding this, I than ask is this a SOP( standard operation procedure) thingy,than only she say...at times we do take picture.So i asked her,in that case...do u know how many thousand of resident picture u got takes?


So the story recalled me bout incident that a civilian was tick off for taking picture of random ppl in public...But people in blue, can do it and get away...... that's y parents always tells us to work in Government Sector as, u are allowed to do things what normal ppl cant do.....


Im not quite happy with the situation and will definite email the respective authority bout this, i mean its just invading my privacy and infringement my rights...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes perfect sense to me...