Friday, January 11, 2008

TO B A CHEF


To be a chef, u have to remember certain things……..

There is no shortcut….there is always a lot to learn ….Its always bout hard work…long hours….no life and commitment
Been working in the kitchen life for 9 yrs and this is wat I can say bout kitchen industry…

U have to have the passion in cooking,in transforming raw and simple items to a wonderful food and cuisine.U can never say u r the best and u know everthings cos u can nvr learn everything even if u live to the fullest……Wen u say u r the best, trust me..theres always someone better…

I started off peeling prawns,washing pots, cutting onions and slicing garlic..for a full 8 hrs of job,dun dream of even cooking when u first join the kitchen..Slowly u will rise up the rank with constance shouting,scolding,name calling or even occasional getting hit by flying vegetables( from the chef)

Of cos at a certain point of time, I wanna call it quit,but I hold on and tell myself ,I cant give up cos this is wat I really wanna do…
Was giving the oppurtinity to run the salad counter one day and move on from there,after a series of places I went to work at…. I was quickly promoted to where I am now…..

A chef-de-cuisine…I was one of the youngest guy to have that tittle and the only local chef employed by an Italian running their Italian rest…. The rest of other outlet still employing Italian chef.I was proud of wat I achieved and looking back, I see a lot of potential chef out there…..so if u think u love cooking and have lots of passion….dun look back and moved to wat u believed in cos one day…u be at where u wanna be.

It may takes yrs,plenty of failure,failed relationship or marriage at times,but wen u r up there….it’s a different feeling

No comments: